World Backup Day
What is World Backup Day?
World Backup Day falls on March 31 every year.
This day has been chosen to help remind business owners and every day people to make a second- and even a third- copy of their valuable data.
What is a Backup?
A backup is a copy or archive of your important files and information- for example, your business database, documents, emails, and even family photos and home videos. Instead of storing it all in one place (like your computer), you keep a copy of everything in a secure, separate location.
Why Should I Backup?
Losing your files is way more common than you'd think. One small accident or equipment failure could destroy all of the important stuff you care about. 29% of data loss globally is caused by human error.
Benefits of Using Backup Software:
- You'll have access to complete copies of your company's database.
- It'll protect valuable data in the event of a network breach or physical disaster.
- You'll be able to quickly backup and restore information when any issues arise.
- It'll increase confidence in your company's safety despite malicious threats.
"I Can Do My Business Backups Myself, Right?"
Most business leaders choose to invest their time (and the time of their skilled employees) in high-value projects, not data backup.
Here are two reasons you want data backup specialists on your side:
- Not All Backups Are Created Equal: 60% of all data backups are incomplete.
- Not All Backups Are Easily Recovered: 50% of backup restores are not fully successful.
How Do I Protect my Data?
There are a few options we recommend for securely backing up your files:
- Online Backup Services: Keeping your backup in the cloud is a safer alternative then using a physical external hard drive or USB stick, which can be damaged or lost. The biggest advantage to using the cloud is that your files are available anywhere, anytime. At IZCO, we can help manage your cloud subscription and make sure your backups are successful.
- External Hard Drives: While a popular option, as you only need to purchase the storage once, it's important to remember that external hard drives can be damaged, lost, or stolen. Storing them in a safe, separate space from your PC is key. They are best used in conjunction with a cloud backup, but need to be remembered to updated every year.
Give us a call at 778-418-4403 or visit us at 645 11th Avenue in Campbell River, BC, and we can discuss all of your Backup needs!